Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Good Reminder That My Daughter is a Gift!

Wow!  The number of viewers from my last post was twice as many as any other post I've written!  I tried not to take it personally that I didn't really even write the post, since it was just a collection of photos that a good friend of mine, who also happens to be an amazing professional photographer, took of me a few weeks ago at 35 weeks pregnant!

And since I'm sure you can do simple math in your head, you just counted that if I was 35 weeks a few weeks ago, that means I am busting at the seems PREGNANT, and as Arnie says in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape", "I could go at any time!"

Yes, I am very pregnant!  Yes, I am supposed to have my second child, a son we have named Keegan Russell, in 11 days!  This means that none of my shirts quite meet my pants, I can't bend over without incredible pain, walking/sitting/getting in and out of bed/sleeping/eating/breathing/remembering anything is all inconvenient and extremely difficult!

All of that would be fine, completely doable, though, if I wasn't also just losing my patience left and right.  See, I have a 2 1/2-year-old daughter WHO RARELY SITS STILL OR LISTENS OR SPEAKS QUIETLY OR IS SATISFIED WITH ASKING ONLY ONE QUESTION...

Months, even weeks ago, Emersyn was still the cutest kid in the world to me, for many reasons, but mainly just because she is mine!  She is the personification of what someone once told me having children was like, "Having your heart walk around outside of your body."

That is my Emersyn.

Or was until recently...

See, she makes messes.  Sure, she is learning to pick them up, but it takes FOREVER.  She loves to run, even away from me, and since I can't walk, running is very impossible.  And these things aren't new, but as my energy goes down and my size goes up... it is all a bit much these days!

I find myself just being more and more impatient with her each day.  I am trying to fight it, but I don't always win.  Thankfully, we got a new recliner this week, so no matter how much I have lost my temper and patience and probably not said the right thing in the right tone, we have ended up rocking with her on my lap and her head against my chest each evening.  It is the only time I can get her to sit still, and those moments have become so precious to me this past week knowing that I will have to share my lap with her and her brother from now on.

These last few days of her being an only child make me so sad for some reason, but I am also excited for her to have a playmate soon!

I also thought it would be good for me post Emersyn's 2 1/2 years photos Cassy Pack took, so that I can focus on how adorable Emersyn is in these times where it seems everything she does gets on my nerves.  So, I hope you enjoy these photos as much as Kyle and I do.  But mainly this is for me - a post where I just take the time to look at this beautiful, energetic, smart, spirited, and loud child that God has been gracious to loan to me for over 2 1/2 years.

 Here, Emersyn is holding a picture Cassy took of her when she was 2 weeks old.  I love her laugh!

 I was amazed at how great these pictures came out, because Emersyn is such a whirlwind!  I don't know how Cassy got so many great shots without them being blurry!  She literally never stopped moving the entire shoot!

Candy helps sometimes, though :)





Emersyn loves to be an airplane!  Of course, she loves to run no matter what she is pretending to be... Cassy said she thought this picture captured her spirit, and I couldn't agree more! 

Storming off on a mission one second, and then looking pensive in the next.  Life is never dull with my Emersyn.



























 And the man of honor right there, my husband, Kyle.  He is truly a gift to us.  As a husband he talks, listens, helps, protects, provides, loves, hangs out with me, cleans, packs bags and cars, unloads dishes/laundry/groceries, jokes, works hard, builds things, fixes things, tears up at sweet moments, and is constantly giving.  As a dad he plays, fixes hair, prays, tickles, hugs, kisses, says "I'm proud of you", says "You're beautiful", says "You're smart", and he consistently teaches her how to be respectful to us, especially to me.  I'm telling you, these pictures grip my heart because I have seen these kinds of things go on in our house when there wasn't a photographer around to capture the moment.  These aren't isolated, posed happenings, but a daily occurrence that I am privileged to witness.

There, I am once again reminded of how blessed I am!  It is hard to remember sometimes when you are tired and uncomfortable constantly, but these photos have shown me once again these two people I should be cherishing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment